Welcome to our guide to installing Sprig with Segment.
Sprig customers have access to in-product studies, which allow you to target studies to specific users directly in your product. Starter plan customers have access to web in-product studies while Enterprise customers have access to both mobile and web in-product studies. In-product studies do require installation, and there are a few ways you can do so.
Let's start the Segment installation process by navigating to the Integrations page in Sprig and selecting installation.
You will notice 4 integration options here, Segment Web, iOS, Android, and React Native. If your team actively uses Segment, this installation method is one of the fastest ways to get up and running in Sprig.
This method also allows you to use your existing events and user attributes to pass them along to Sprig for study targeting.
Regardless of which platform you choose, the setup process is generally the same. With that being said, lets go ahead and open up Segment:
- In Segment, starting off in Connections, click on Sources tab.
- Select your desired Source..
- Click Add Destination.
- In the Filter Destinations field, type Sprig.
- Click on Sprig, then click Configure Sprig.
- Give the Destination a name.
- On this final page navigate back to Sprig to find your Environment ID, which is listed on the Segment installation page. Use the Development Environment ID for testing studies and the Production Environment ID for your live study environment. When you configure the Destination, input the appropriate Environment ID.
And there you have it! You’ve officially installed Sprig and are ready to launch targeted In-product studies